Wednesday, October 31, 2007

And another Thing

What 33 year old man needs to be dating a High Schooler. Really.

I am sorry I am still just flabbergasted by all this. I would never think to discuss intimate things in my life witha a student especially a student I had a feeling had a crush on me. That is just a recipe for disaster. Seriously? I just don't get it. He had all these problems with the student and the parents and he still thinks this way. Ok maybe I am being too narrowminded Maybe I should have a tasteful announcement put in the school newspaper. Maybe we could do an assembly each year for the students and faculty that out themselves that year. The sad truth is yes people should be ok with it, but they are not and we work for a CATHOLIC school. Schools in general have a hard time dealing with it let alone a catholic one. The churches position on homosexuals has actually been getting worse over the last few years so really winning people over to the gays is not my job. Teaching kids how to write a C7 chord in second inversion, yea that would be my job. I don't go out of my way to hide it. The only part of my behavior I change for school is I don't swear infront of the kids and I don't talk about my weekend plans with them either. The way I speak and act is still the same. If they wish to infer that I am gay or straight I don't care.

No comments: