Tuesday, August 12, 2008

There and back again.

So we made it to Chicago and back in one piece. Spent much of my time this last weekend in a bar and with people I know from Indy. We joked about how this was Greg's North and really not too far off from that. I really enjoyed myself and I am really solidifying that I am such a solitary person and am very fine with that. I spent quite a bit of time away from the boys and really contemplated getting away on my own sometime in the future. I do worry that I will turn into a hermit. Though it is nice to know that I can navigate myself pretty much wherever I need to go and take care of myself. I can also keep myself occupied and entertained. It was a pretty tame weekend all in all. No raging displays of stupidity.

Though I am still amazed at how some people will put themselves out there. Example Sunday night Blanche, Romeo and I were up on the top deck of Sidetracks and sitting on a bench. A man came up and started talking with us, of course Romeo abandoned ship and started texting ignoring all that was happening. Blanche continued talking to the man I gave a pleasant hello. I really had no desire to converse with him. Well Blanche felt I needed to have better relations with this man who was obviously interested because I had at this point twice removed his hand from the inside of my shorts. I was trying to be nice but I absolutely hate when people feel they have the right to invade my personal space. A hand on the shoulder or arm around the waist that is completely different but a hand digging for gold in my pant legs is completely different. I mean good for this man for going for what he wanted but really get the hint and take your hands of my penis.

Aside from Blanche being the worst wing man in history all went well. On the trip I attribute that to the fact I didn't stay with them the entire weekend.

No comments: