Thursday, December 11, 2008

So ready for a break.

Projects to grade exams to create and past tests to grade. Granted my grading load is much lighter than most teachers and I am not really complaining it just is the increase over what I am use to through out the year that makes it busy. Not really stressful, Special K takes care of that for me. It's the end of the semester and we have recitals and performances. We have also started in to the Basketball season and I have a game tonight. I don't mind them but they just take time.

Going back to Special K for a moment, something happened this week that kind of got her in trouble and created more work for her. It also had the added bonus of freaking her out. And this was kind of my fault. The band, choir and orchestra have never had finals the Christmas concert has always served as their final and so on the day when their final would take place they just don't come in that period. We spread finals out over for days 1st and 2nd on the first day, 3rd and 4th on the second and so on. Well the new VP found out that the orchestra wasn't doing a final and she sent me an email asking me to explain. I tell her that as long as I have been here we never had and no one had said anything till now. I said I had no problem giving one and having them in on that day but this is how the Band and Orchestra always did it. Admittedly I have always thought that they should do something but if I started with the orchestra than the choir director and Special K would get all upset and I just don't have the energy to upset that apple cart. I also didn't have to mention that the band doesn't given a final either but I did anyway. Two reasons I guess one to take the spotlight off of just me and two to get Special K in trouble. Yea I am a dick and I know it.

So Special K is in a tizzy and calling me none stop again while I am in class. So I don't answer one reason is I know why she is calling and I don't want to deal with her. The other, more important reason, is because I have a class. My biggest complaint on this whole thing is, why did they wait till now to make this call. The principle is the one who made the decision to do this and he has always known we did it this way. Why now? but that aside I am fine with the change and pretty pleased. It's pisses Special K off and that makes me happy. Merry Christmas to me.

No comments: