Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spotlight 09

So I have made some new friends over the past few months. They, like me enjoy the nerdy things in life as well as enjoy being social but also know the importance of staying home. Anyway J had a ticket to Spotlight which is a fundraiser for Indiana AIDS Fund. Basically arts organizations in Indy get together and do a variety show. It very cool a kind of taste of the Arts kind of thing. Plus the ticket was free and there was an open bar so you know I was there. The evening was great the performances were stellar. What wasn't stellar was the child who sat in front of me playing his Nintendo DS. His parents were sitting right there letting him. I mean my mother and father would have never let me bring it let alone play it. Don't bring your child if you are going to let him do that. It is completely ridiculous that you would ever allow it. Am I wrong on this?

1 comment:

Aleea said...

No, you are not wrong.

These parents thought they were doing everyone a favor by 'keeping the kid quiet' when in reality, they were just reinforcing the idea that they have absolutely no idea that parenting actually involves saying no, imposing discipline and expecting the child to behave in public.

/down off my crankypants soapbox now/

ooh, my word verification is adderolo. That is either a snake shaped like a candy or a suggestion that I improve my morning by adding a rolo to my diet.

I'm thinking add a rolo to my diet.