Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where am I

Seriously I need to slow down my body is not use to this and I will need a spring break to recover from my spring break. So last night we did a very odd bar tour. We started at English Ivy's and the boys had dinner. I ate before I went out the door so I was good. Romeo ordered me a Cosmo, even though I said no. This doesn't seem to phase these boys, anyway.

We left there and ran up to the Varsity. This is a bar I have been in once and has always been referred to as where gay men go to die. When they're youth and money have all been spent this is where they end up. Having looked around I could see that. It's a nice enough place but the sheer amount of smoke in the air makes me not want to go back for a while. We were there long enough for us to have a few cocktails and for Blanche and Romeo to sing a song each. I did however pick up a volunteer for the Parade committee. So not a total waste.

Now it was time to head off to the petting zoo. Now again I want to reiterate I was just kidding when I had mentioned drink and drown on Sunday evening. But alas there I was with a stripper who was 10 years my junior grinding away for a $ and I really just wanted him to go away. Blanche gave me the dollar I am sure in hopes I would do something with it to entice the boy I used it to let him know he could leave anytime now.

Now I am all for people doing what they need to to make a living and I don't begrudge people fulfilling a fantasy doing this as well. But, I have never really found it to be a turn on and really just creeps me out more than anything else. I do not frequent the Hornicorn that often and by that I mean it is like years in between visits. One of the last times I was there I was sitting at a table and a dancer comes up behind me and starts dancing on me. I turn my head and say "I have no money to give you." "It's not about the money baby." He stays for about five more seconds just to prove to me it's not about the money and then goes about his business. I turn and say "Tell your friends."

Why do I go. well a $5 cover and penny well drinks. That is incentive enough for me. But again I also have no problem spending money so it may take another 3-4 years to get me back there.

Romeo and I leave the petting zoo and run up to Gregs where we have yet another drink and play some pool. Over all a good night I was dropped off at home and went to bed and crashed.

The End

1 comment:

Mom said...

I agree with you completely on the Hornicorn. Sad place to make money. I have been there maybe 5 times, once because of a big gay bus tour. Don't relish going back. Even for cheap drinks. Mom says..."I'll help you find a better job, don't work here" :)