Saturday, January 13, 2007

Game Night

So my friends and I have decided that we would take the month of January off from going to the bars. *Sidebar* Ok so I thought the Match.com ads were creepy, and they still are, but the one I am looking at now at the top of the page takes the cake. you know those little game ads that if you win you get a "free cell phone". Normally they are cute like two sumo wrestlers but this one is so disturbing I have to share. There is some poor boy trying to swim away from Piranhas and as you might have guessed if you don't play you just get to see this boy be chased down and eaten over and over again. *sidebar over*. Anyway so we are taking a month off, which I am all for. I have never really been a fan of the bars anyway but it does break up just sitting at home waiting for a man to fall through the ceiling. Anyway so to stave off insanity we have decided to have a game night. or movie night whatever occurs. The question that pops into my head is, does this make us old or just beyond nerdy and pathetic? Or maybe a little of all of that. Look I am fine with being nerdy I have been all of my life I know this and embrace it. I also accept that we all get older including myself, but I just really don't want to be pathetic. Of course that boat might have already sailed if I am really waiting for a man to fall through the ceiling. Alas alak I may never know. For pathetic behavior is all in the eye of the beholder.

No comments: