Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's dating... it's job hunting... stop you're both right.

Job hunting and dating can be considered one in the same. Not only are the both gerunds, (my favorite grammatical term) but they are both time consuming and soul sucking. The rejection level is high, people don't call you back much for the same reasons, people are cowards and don't like potentially sticky situations. Nobody likes to tell someone they don't want them for either dating or a job. People like even less being told those things. But myself personally I would like to know. I am a big boy I can handle these things. I am not saying that I wouldn't be upset at a rejection, but at least that melancholy would only last so long. The outright ignoring and avoidance brings on a certain type of bitterness that can last for years. Two examples this week actually both kicked me in the balls right in a row Friday night. A guy I had been talking to and had made plans for Friday night just started ignoring me, fine whatever. Then I go out with friends and the job I was really hoping to get the people I would interview with, two of which are really good friends, were out. Not thinking much about it until I over heard them talking about having interviewed 14 people already. I not being one of them... Super. Here comes that bitterness. I mean I understand not interviewing me fine but not even a letter of rejection just hoping I wouldn't ask. That's good times had by all.

When one has to advertise themselves to get anywhere in this world it is hard being an introvert and honest with ones self about faults and short comings. Mostly because we see ourselves in less than favorable light. Also I don't ever want to come off as a bragger, I hate those types of people and I hate more that we have to be like that just to get anywhere in this world. I know I am a bright, intelligent, hard working person that would add great things to any company. or relationship.

Being single is a hell of a lot easier than being unemployed. Though the sad thing is some days it's not.

No comments: