Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh What a week

So I must be a dick. I have, over the last week given out 9 detentions. Most of these have been given to students who mouth off to me. Example, Today I asked a student who was doing his homework for another class, in my class to bring the book up to me. He didn't and I asked again and he said he did see why he had to? I said because I said to. Then he brought it up and threw it on the floor in front of me. After class I called him down to let him know he had a detention not for doing homework in my class but for being rude and throwing a book. Then he really started mouthing off. He asked "Why do you ask for mine when you don't do shit about others." Ok seriously what is his problem. So I say fine lets make that a total of 3 detentions which on a Wednesday means Saturday school. These children need to learn to just shut the fuck up. Honestly I probably would have just given him a warning and given the book back if he had just done what I asked to start. Why do these kids feel like they need to challenge me. Of course it doesn't help when Special K just let's everything go because she doesn't want to deal with any discipline issues. I seriously don't have this problem with any other class, just band.

I love this job. Is it June yet?

1 comment:

Suellen said...

There are 67 days of school left (for me). Not that I'm counting or anything....