Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Traditions

It has been interesting over the past few days to talk about Christmas traditions in different families. The only ones I can remember where waking up early and claiming our booty and spending the rest of our day becoming quickly bored with all we had gained. Then as I grew older just a lot of uncomfortable family time. As we grew up we developed opinions and judgements of one another. I personally enjoyed throwing my brothers curve balls in how they thought of me. Now I find we don't do much as a family anymore. My brothers will spend time with their wives families and will be in and out sporadically through out the day. So I have found myself developing holiday traditions outside of my family. Christmas night I usually find myself at my friend Maya's parents. We will play Trivial Pursuit. And many of my other friends will be there. It is one of my favorite things. I look forward to it every year. I guess I do have one family tradition that I do look forward to and have been doing for as long as I can remember. I help my parents decorate for Christmas every year. Growing up we never decorated outside because we lived in the middle of nowhere and no one would see it. So my father double the normal indoor lighting. We would light up anything and everything. I still enjoy doing that. I don't think we have put up enough until we can turn off normal lights and still read, then we have enough lights. :)


I would love to come up with some other traditions. So any suggestions I am open to them.

No comments: