Tuesday, November 20, 2007

3 more class periods

Though I start this with 3 periods in the day left I doubt I will finish it before the next class starts. Yes three to go. A five day weekend on the horizon. I must say I am in desperate need of a break from this place. I love the kids, I love the subjects I am teaching but I must say it is quite exhausting. My co-worker Special-K, is always a boat load of joy but she is just piling on the fun lately. Her general stupidity and lack of motivation to do the simplest parts of her job but the living crap out of me and more so now.

I have to say the last few days before a break are always the hardest. My body knows that I am mere hours from sleeping in and not having to shower and so when that alarm goes off I justify my ass off for staying in bed just a little longer. The bed feels just that much more comfortable and thus just making it a cruel joke when I must eventually vacate to head to the shower and a cold bathroom floor.

Today is not so bad I have been able to tread water in most of my classes as well as the remaining few. I am however looking forward to my Thanksgiving plans. I am traveling with Xena to the quad cities. My friends S & J live out there and I haven't seen them in a while and my friends M & E will also be there which is really exiting to me. I haven't seen M & E since Christmas of last year so this will be a great time.

I am particularly looking forward to just spending time with these people. I love them dearly. Also as added bonus I get to avoid my family. Though this is the worst year I could have picked to miss. Secondborn will be in New York with his family and in laws. Thirdborn is going to Ohio with his family and in laws. Leaving Firstborn and his son at my moms. I feel bad and even asked my mom if she wanted me to stay for Thanksgiving. She of course said no. Of course with my luck all of them will be back next year and there I will be like an animal caught in a trap willing to gnaw his leg off to escape. The other unfortunate part is my family doesn't drink... I know... I even need a moment to let that settle to the bottom of the glass before moving on. For as bitter and sarcastic as we all can be alcohol would be nice, but I know I would be the only one drinking and then I am sure I would prove a lot of points for people that I am just that irresponsible.

In a way I am not sure I would care. Something to take the edge off would be nice. Ah to be a funtional alcoholic... wait where am I? Damn it here come the kids more later.

No comments: