Saturday, November 24, 2007

Best Thanksgiving ever!!

I was so looking forward to this last week and boy did it pay off. It was so wonderful to see friends again and to be myself and to not have to sit in dread silence as I would have at my family's Thanksgiving. I actually felt very bad not being with my mom on Thursday. I know she is very lonely and it didn't help that brother after brother kept dropping off the screen for her. She says she doesn't care but I really do believe she does. Ah well. Next year I will be at her place.

So back to Iowa. The trip was sedate and pretty easy. I am a get in the car and let's go, kind of guy. I now realize why so often I travel alone. I pick up Xena and we have to wait around because her card had been stolen the night before and the bank called her that day to ask her about some strange charges. So with that she needed to file a police report. So we wait, and we wait and we wait. After an hour and a half she calls back and the police say it will be a while. We say fuck it we will file on Saturday when we get back.

Great! Pack the car let's roll... we need to go back and get my cell phone charger. Damn it! We turn around and head back. We are on our way. First stop is to get super cheap gas. All is well. We stop several more times for, Bathroom and food. When I travel I don't stop for those. Maybe when I stop for gas, but even then I can wait for the destination. And if I do, I don't get out and go sit down to eat I just get it and go. Not complaining just not the way I like to travel. The trip back was much of the same, I hate being in the car I just feel it is a waste of a day. So I do get a bit impatient. But all is well and we are back home nough said.

Oh god I do not want to go to work tomorrow.

No comments: