Thursday, November 29, 2007

Today in Orchestra I asked the students to get out "What Child is This?" and without skipping a beat one of my Bass players says "It's not mine." I just started laughing and replied "Good to know, but I didn't ask whose child is this."

I really enjoy this job with few exceptions. Special K being one of them and all the damned meetings. I was recently chastised by another teacher because I don't make friends with those I work. I just don't see the point. I know others are capable of doing so but I am not. I am friendly with them but I am not calling a single one of them up for a night of drinking. I have my friends and I have people I work with. Mixing the two just seems messy.

I enjoy my anonymity very much. Though now having to do more and being out in the public, so to speak, more has made me known and I am not sure I like that. Example a teacher one day walks up to me and says you remind me of Mr. F. Mr. F is a teacher not much liked by students and even less by many faculty. I thought that was the rudest things someone could say to me at that school.

I have made a decision to bring back the Pagan List. This was a list that a stand partner in Wind Ensemble and I had. It was a record of people that pissed us off and every time they did something particularly heinous we would add a check to their name. There was one professor that had a check and d infinity sign next to his name. I think I will have a weekly update of the Pagan List.


I think we all know who is at the top of that list.
Special K
Mr. M.
Sackohammers

I am sure I can come up with more but that is all I have at this moment I will be adding once a week. Yea this will be fun.

No comments: