Friday, November 17, 2006

Is it bad...?

Just a thought, not that I am changing my stance on this, but I have had a long standing policy not to date anyone outside of a certain age range. Mine happens to be they had to be born in the 1970's no I may make an exception for early 1980 but that is about as far as I will go that currently puts my age limits at 27- 36 Which I think is just fine. When presenting this to potential suitors I am met with confusion. Is this odd? I know people who like young people and I know people who like to date only older much older. That is fine by me, I am just not one of those. I have tried dating outside of that range and have met with disaster. Though I must say that those times had little to do with age. Or maybe it did who knows. In any case I find that I get people around 22-24 that want to go out with me. I just have 0 interest in them, and they seem offended by this. I don't get this. I personally would rather date someone my age or close to it. I find people that are closer in age I have a better connection with, we can draw on similar experiences and memories of things that happened at the same time in the past. Like I said I am not really going to change my mind on this but I am curious as to what other people think about setting an age range for dating and is it practical. Am I just shutting myself off from people or is this just better in the long run?

No comments: