Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What's going on.

And I said Heeeeeeeeeeey Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey I said hey... Random moment. So I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, I am going to go up to my moms on Wednesday and help her clean her house for my brothers when they get there on Thursday. I am also going to help her with the cooking and whatnot. I just like doing domestic things but only around holidays. Plus it is nice to do things that my brothers would find unexpected. They know next to nothing about me and I like to keep them off balance from time to time. :) I love holidays because you get to do things that you don't normally do like with my family you break out the good dinnerware and cloth napkins. You know things you don't do on a daily basis unless you had a staff of at least 5. Also the nieces and nephews, they are probably as close to children as I am ever going to have. I love them dearly and they are a hoot. They are just great every age with them has been wonderful. The oldest is a teenager now.

For me this will be the first real holidays without my dad. He died last year right before the holidays and I guess it really didn't hit me as much last year but it is now. I think two I am not up there minutes from my mom and that makes a difference too. My dad loved this time of year so much and I guess that is why I love it too. It's the only time I don't mind cold weather and actually look forward to it. because with all the cooking and baking the house always smells so good and the house is so warm. Anyway.

We tend to do more large scale things like big groups of friends get together. I am excited that I have a place big enough to have people over. I am looking forward to it I just wish everyone I knew could be around. I wish J and S could come up and Joe and Kate but I know they have their own lives and that is cool they have lots of family to see as well. I just wish there was more time.

I know this all sounds very depressing but really I am looking forward to it all and am very happy. Just a sidebar sigh that's all. Today I wanted to cook a turkey and go buy a Tree. Ok even I am saying good lord at that statement. I would say that of anyone else.
Well off to bed.

No comments: