Friday, January 22, 2010

Am I really that great???

I know competency is a rarity, but seriously if one more person fawns all over me at work I am going to punch someone. I have never been good with a compliment so that is part of the challenge. At this temp gig it has been a daily occurrence. I swear these people have never seen someone who just does their job. I know a lot of it is after teaching, a lot of things are cake. I say that and what I mean is I am not used to this much down time. When I was teaching I may have 30 minutes at a time to catch up on paper work or communication during the day. So much of it was pushed to after school and at that point I just wanted to be done with it, so some of it would back up. When I am here I am easily bored. I watched "Office Space" the other night and when Peter meets the Bobs for the first time and he says he spends the first hour of the day just starting at his desk I know what he means. I am not belittling this job I am just saying it is just a different pace. I am used to being "On" for 6-7 hours a day. That left very little down time. I loved days where I did tests. Oh how I loved those days. I would usually do them on a Friday and have every class do one. Those were such slacker day. I could just sit in the quiet room and shush people and collect tests. Loved it!!!

I am sure with this job I will come to slow down and settle in and not be so bored but right now I am.

No comments: