Sunday, January 17, 2010

Something depressing to ponder.

Are you familiar with the Drake Equation it is a mathematical formula used to determine the number of worlds in the universe that may have intelligent life. If so imagine if you were use the same principles to calculate the number of people in a given city that you could potentially have as a bf. Well I did. Here is what I came up with.


750,000 people in the city I live in (roughly). Divide that in half since half are female.
375,000 Men in the city. Only 10% are homos.
3,750 Gay men in the city. Now I am looking for a particular age group I figure that it probably covers 20% of the population.
750 it is getting bleak people. And since we live in a red state only about 75% will be out.
563 Ok so I probably also want them to be single. Luckily most gay men are. Probably 60% (I am trying to be optimistic)
338 And I would like them to be college educated one out of four Americans have college degrees.
85 I rounded up. I would like a non smoker. Cut it in half cause the gays like to smoke.
43 again I rounded up. About half would be attracted to me.
22 and I would be attracted to half of those
11 men in this city that could potentially be a boyfriend.

The percentage of men in this city I could have as a Boyfriend is .0016% that is 1 out of 68,181 people, I rounded down.



I only have 374 friends on facebook.

3 comments:

Aleea said...

Clearly it is time to make more friends or relocate to a bigger city.

Oh, and until your Mother takes it upon herself to suggest an online dating site to you because your dating life is so pathetic she can't stand it, I win.

Maestro said...

True you do win, but I have clearly kept my mother ignorant of any of my dating habits.

Aleea said...

Good call.