Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Things I have learned

Having been unemployed, I have decided a few things. I don't like being unemployed. I also do not care for a desk job. I am currently temping and am working basically a desk job. Granted I probably would enjoy it more if it were actually my job and there would be some ownership to it. However I really don't like it. Also I know at this point beggars can't be choosers. This whole process has been a study in humility (or maybe it is just humiliation). I say this because really it's a downer all the way around. I really didn't think it would be this difficult to find a full time job. My biggest complaint is that businesses are just not as professional as one would hope. Yes, yes, yes I know, having worked I should know that people are in general spineless wonders who couldn't find their ass with both hands. It is just a huge disappointment in humanity all the way around.

The other thing is one would think being unemployed, essentially homeless and constantly running out of money with no hope for more on the horizon I would be more stressed. I am, don't get me wrong all those things above is enough to call an assisted suicide hot line. However I find that my stress levels are really much lower then they were when I was working against Special K. I saw her in Target this weekend. I just put the stuff I was carrying on the nearest shelf and walked out. I went to another Target and purchased what I had before. I know that may have sounded a bit much for me to have done. But really I just didn't want to deal with her. The last time I saw her was at the end of May and the last thing I said to her was "I have nothing I want to say to you." So even a chance encounter is one I would like to avoid at all cost. Not that I really thought she would engage me, it was just that slim chance she would that initiated the flight response. I haven't spoken to her, seen her or heard from her in almost 8 months. And what a glorious 8 months that has been. I have found that I have more free time in conversations since I don't have her to complain about. So again a bonus. I know I am a notorious complainer, and I must say I have done a relatively good job not bitching about leaving the school. Mostly I just try not to talk about it. Which is actually very easy to do. I just say I was downsized and leave it at that.

So that has been my life in a nut shell... avoidance. :)

2 comments:

Aleea said...

I'm not sure that avoidance wasn't the best tactic, especially since she was such a part of your misery at the previous job.

You could call it avoidance -- or you could call it insurance against assault & battery charges :)

Maestro said...

That is very true. I lack the funds to defend myself properly in court when I beat the crap out of her. :)