Friday, February 19, 2010

In need of bread crumbs.

So here is my first real, straight up, not just an observation but a complaint about this temp job. The network drive at this place is a complete mess. Nothing is where it logically should be. To find the answers I need I have to go digging through folder after folder trying to determine what they meant by titling things the way they do. That is all well and good, fine have your fucked up system that makes you fall behind and miss every deadline you set for yourself. But here is my complaint. Why, when I email you with a very specific question that you apparently know the answer to you don't answer the question you tell me to look in this one document. I have been here 6 weeks. You would need 4 Sherpas, 3 advanced degrees and a map to find anything in this network drive. I love it when they tell you it's in one folder, you go there and it's not there. You tell them and they look at you with a quizzical look and say "huh". When they know the answer they just don't give it to you, which would expedite the process and get me to doing something else. They seem to think that instead of just telling me they send me on a wild goose chase and then become irritated when I can't find it. I enjoy hazing just like the next guy but really. I understand that your job is hard and you probably don't have time to answer my question but come on.

2 more weeks.

1 comment:

Aleea said...

hey ... alumni affairs director job open at my workplace. I'm sure you could do it:)