Monday, February 15, 2010

Where to go from here?

Snow.

I am really kind of over it. The snow and this cold just isn't deciding what they want to do. They come and go and never really take a serious stance one way or the other. If you are going to snow could you not do it while I am asleep and have to clear my car off first thing in the morning. Could ya do that for me? Could you just wait till I am at work and in a parking garage to where it makes no difference to me one way or the other.

Understand I know this is what it is like living in the Midwest. Unpredictable weather and from one year to the next you never know what you are going to get. There have been some winters that it may snow once and that is a light dusting. Those are what I call good years. Then others we are buried in snow for most of January and February. I call those years, the year I am moving from this god forsaken dump. But here is the thing no one place is free from bad weather or things that make living there undesirable. But there is a part of me that would like to give it a try.

Years ago I did try the whole uproot my life and move somewhere far away. It really didn't work. I was there for about 3 months and never found steady work. I bounced around from different places to live. Including a couple that I am pretty sure just wanted me to be a third in their relationship and when I let it be known that I wasn't going to do that it ended pretty badly. When I left Florida I never drove faster in my life. I stopped in Cincinnati on my way back to Indy and I have never felt more relieved to see my friends. I went down there thinking I could get a job no problem, well problem there just were not any jobs to be had. I met some very nice people and some not so nice. I believe I lost a friend out of the ordeal but all in all it was a huge learning experience I never want to repeat. Since then the idea of moving away is still very strong however there have to be certain factors to consider. Like I have to have a job before I leave. I know, I know not as adventurous but probably a way to make the whole situation easier and less stressful.

So until I find a way out I guess I will have to deal with the snow. Booo snow!

1 comment:

Aleea said...

You are always welcome in this portion of Florida. I will not want you for a third in my (nonexistent) relationship. I can probably find you a job. And I can never have enough sarcasm.

My verification word is "coween" -- I'm thinking how cows celebrate in October.