Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Care packages


I don't know what got me thinking about those today. I never really got one when I was in college. Not one that came in the mail. But I saw my parents quite frequently and when I did my mom and dad would bring me something whether it was food, money, this or that so in a way I did. They came to almost every concert I had in school. The two they missed one was because weather was so bad they couldn't make it and the other time was when my grandmother died. So pretty good excuses if you ask me.

End of school is looming ever closer and only 7 more days of classes. Because my classes are mixed with seniors I don't do anything after senior finals which are a week before everyone else's. My applied class I believe will be playing bocce ball. A sport I have grown to love over the years. I am also loving the fact that I have gotten 15 kids to sign up for orchestra next year. This is an ensemble that at most has had 7. Of course the person doing the ensemble before me didn't try to grow the program and has actively tried to suppress it and kill it. I have 8 freshmen and 2 new sophomores. If I can continue to pull 6-10 freshmen every year in 4 years I will have an orchestra of more than 30. Which for string orchestras is pretty good. Especially a string orchestra at a private school. I think I can really make this my own and break free from Kathy.

Ah well we will see.

No comments: