Monday, April 30, 2007

Adventures in Cooking

So I was hungry for stuffed peppers, actually I was wanting to try them I had never had one before so I went on line to find some recipes. I was really disappointed I really couldn't find any that appealed to me so I said fuck it I can make my own. So I did. They were so good. I thought I would share my findings.


Ok for two large peppers I would say that it serves two cause I had to put the other in the fridge cause I was full.


Two Large Peppers of your choice (I am partial to Yellow or Orange).
One large chicken breast.
One Roma Tomato
One green Onion
One red potato
Garlic
Fresh Basil Leaves2-3
Fresh oregano
Olive Oil
White wine
Feta
Mozzarella
Salt and Pepper

Ok First I made an aluminium foil bowl like container in it I put the potato diced, Olive Oil, chopped garlic and S&P. I closed the aluminium foil to create a sealed bag and threw that on the grill for about 25 min. I then chopped up the green onion, more garlic, basil, tomato and oregano and put that all into a sauce pan with olive oil and the wine on a medium heat and let cook into a sauce. Stir it every once in a while. Then seed the Peppers and put the chicken on the grill.
about 5 minutes later put the peppers on the grill. When the potatoes and chicken are done take everything off the grill. Preheat the oven to 350. tear the chicken apart. in two bowls add equal amounts of the chicken, potatoes, feta and the sauce, then mix. Then stuff it all into the peppers. Stand them up in a baking dish and add Mozzarella on top. Let bake in oven for 5-8 minutes and then eat.

This was all very rough I didn't measure anything so these are guesses. I thought it was really good and will add this to my cooking rotation. Let me know if anyone else tries this.

And anyone else with fun summer dishes let me know.

Screw Flanders... or Bon Appetit

No comments: