Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why no one talks to me at school functions

In my ongoing attempt to be a better person I refrained yesterday from telling a co-worker* to go straight to hell. For no other reason than the fact she can aggravate the balls off a pool table, but I had greater cause to feel this way. Though this is not Special K, she ranks right up there. I will refer to her as Sackohammers as in Dumb As A.

We were meeting in our professional learning groups, which I find an odd name for these things anyway because they are hardly professional and I never learned anything. I already knew I hated these meetings so I am not really learning anything new per say.

Back to Sackohammers, she is one of those people who fancy themselves smart and likes to hear themselves talk. Well she was on a rant, and I always find it funny that she can talk herself out of her original position if let go on too long. Anyway I was trying not to listen because a week earlier I had received an email to me about two students who always come in late to her class from mine. Actually not my class Special K's class, why she emailed me I will never know. I told her that we let the kids go with plenty of time to get to their next class. Done end of story. Oh by the way she cc'ed the Vice Principle on this. Yea I thought it would be over but she emails back and rambles about how it's disruptive to students that they come in late and lose valuable class time by not being there. Earth to short annoying bitch I believe I covered that in the previous email. So I write her back that I already stated that if her students are showing up late it's because they are slow and she needs to discipline them how she sees fit, and that I don't know what I could do to help her out other than taking them by their hands and walking them to class. The VP replied back and said that I had done enough and that Sackohammers needs to deal with the students herself. I win.

I thought it was over but just as we were leaving the meeting she stops me and says "Melissa and Chris are still coming in late." I wanted to kick her in the face but instead I said "There is nothing I can do on my end." I mean really I know she is dumb, hence the name, but come on when did the mentally challenged get teaching certificates?

* I use that term loosely since I really don't think she works that much if at all.


Sidebar I have some annoying guy trying to chat with me while I am typing this up. Conversation went something like this.
hey there
Hello
how r u ?
I am well and you
i am fine. thanks
*Silence*
chilling
Good
*Silence*
and you?
Getting ready for bed
*Silence* This goes on and I have to become the main facilitator of the conversation and I find that so annoying. It's like when someone calls you and then asks what you wanted. Dumbass you called me. I ended it by saying I needed to go to bed and that it was nice chatting. He ended it with Hugs and Kisses. *shudder* Yea I knew right then I had made the right choice in chewing my foot off to escape.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must say, I am curious to know what my alias would be...

Maestro said...

I am actually just using the ones others have already been using to add continueity. And I probably shouldn't be using real names of those I am bad mouthing in a public forum. As for everyone else you included I really don't know I hadn't thought that much about it.