Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Break

As per most holiday breaks I started this one with drinking. Blanche and FN stayed in, but Mom and Romeo were out last Tuesday, I lost count of drinks at 5 I know people had bought me drinks mostly to get me to sing. I am not sure how it happened but I found myself singing "Shiney Happy People" by R.E.M. I had the day off Wednesday and spent a good portion of the day with my friends from Iowa. It was great we had lunch and then went to the Library where we read a little, chatted a lot and had some tea. I know that sounds nerdy but they had not seen the Library since it's renovation so that was the main reason for going. After that we went shopping and then I had to leave to pick mom up for dinner with the boys and Athena. We went to a place called Zing. Very much like Tapas but not Spanish. All the food was great I highly recommend the place and the Tiramisu Martini. After that most of us went to Olleys and drank and then to Gregs to drink. I got bored and went home.

Thursday was time spent with the Family. As I said to my friend Sarah, Holidays should have enough time to spend with the people you love as well as time spent with Family. I actually enjoyed this Thanksgiving mostly because the idiot brother and his shrew of a wife were not there. My eldest niece who is a Freshman in high school told me that she wanted to go to Georgetown and be in the foreign service school. I really hope she does because then she can be an ambassador to a good country that I can go visit. :)

Friday I spent with Xena and the friends from Iowa. We had Turducken. As Jamie called it all day the frankenbird. I just called it Thanksgiving from the Island of Dr. Moreau. For those who don't know it's a Turkey with a duck stuffed inside and a chicken stuffed inside the duck. It also had stuffing and as if that wasn't bad enough we wrapped it in bacon. All in all this abomination of nature was pretty good.

I think it was a good vacation. I only got 3 hrs sleep last night but I am surprisingly awake today. I know it won't happen but I am looking out my window at all the snow and hoping for an early dismissal because of snow. Ah too much to hope for.

No comments: