Monday, March 29, 2010

Star F*%#ers and why I dislike them.

Have you ever known a name dropper? Someone who goes out of their way to know all the "right" people, not because they are the right people to know but because they have name recognition? They will ditch whomever they are with when someone more important walks into a room?

Yea I hate those people. Especially when those people are fine when no one else is around. I have had too many experiences with people like that. Are they so unsure of themselves that they need that kind of validation? The answer is probably yes. I have never done anything that I thought would make me popular or in the right crowd. I was in Band for god sakes. I was on Academic Decathlon in High School. In college I belonged to a band fraternity. There has never been a single thing I have done to warrant being part of the "in" crowd. I have never wanted to be in the "in" crowd. I have always had groups of friends and that has always been good for me.

But these social climbers leave me baffled. There always seems to be an air of insincerity about the way they act and the way they act.

I do feel my distaste for such behavior and attitude that I have become a social hermit. I have absolutely know idea what people think of me. I am pretty sure if they don't know me they think nothing of me. Which is quite alright with me. It is better to be thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt.

1 comment:

Aleea said...

Can't say as I blame you. Those people (and the people they worship) are the scum-suckers of the Earth.

WV: phawp. Sounds gross, to be honest.