Friday, April 2, 2010

Question of the day

So I have to ask is there just a lack of people my age single in this town or is it just me? In my attempts to find someone to spend a little time with I have come to hate the search. It just isn't fun. I know some people do and good for them. I don't like it because it really does just open up new worlds of stupidity to me. Like who really refers to themselves as "an old soul"? Who even talks like that. I have already mentioned my disdain for egocentric, name droppers. But it's so much more. We are all insecure, the more you proclaim you security in who you are the more it indicates your own unhappiness in yourself. It's all about lowered expectation. Life sucks, life is crap let's all just realize that and move on. Once you accept that life can actually be a lot more fun. Trust me I know the story of those in glass houses. It would be difficult for me to throw a stone over the 40 ft walls I have built around my own. I just ... well that is just it I don't know. It would be easier if there were a manual. And people say that would not make life as interesting as it is. Well I am here to dispute that. I think a little help here or there would be nice. Just like on some video game you can choose "Easy, normal, difficult". I would like that option for real life.

Ah well I can ask and plead for such a thing but it will never happen. Such is life.


Really an old soul?????

No comments: