Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh how I really, really hate to fly.

Yes I like to travel by myself the one draw back being I don't know the people sitting next to me. That can also be the draw. In the case of my flight from Indy to Chicago it is not. I found myself sitting next to an older gentleman easily a 3rd of my size. The way he splayed out in his seat one would assume he was the size of Andre the Giant. I felt the visual
was needed. Beside the fact that his legs were clearly in my space it was fine because once we took off I could just let my legs loose into the isle which is what I had planned regardless of my row companion. What really bugged me was the elbow in the ribs. No I know I am not the petite individual I was when I was 18 but still I am not so large that one small elderly man cannot contain himself to a seat. I from time to time would subtly drop my elbow onto his and he would sigh drop his book slightly look at my arm and go back to reading. I hate invasion of personal space so I make the effort to make myself as small as humanly possible. However when you are 6'1" 224 (thank you new flu diet) it is difficult to will yourself into a smaller package. The only saving grace to all of this was that the flight was a mere hour. So I got over it.

The take off was fine, the landing was fine, but I really forgot the sudden swing in temp in the cabin and how stale the air can be. But again 1 hour. The up shot to this was one row ahead was a hottie frat boy and the flight attendant that fawned over him was also very attractive. So I guess there are somethings that can make it worth it.

Now I am waiting for the check in counter to open so I can check in and wait another 3.5 hours to board for a 7 hour flight. I should just stop thinking about the time I have to spend in a small tube filled with people going over a large (cold) body of water. hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't have watched Lost last night.

No comments: