Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break fever

14 more class periods and one concert before my spring break officially starts. When did it start in my head? Oh, somewhere around January 13th give or take a month or two. Yes I know I was just in Ireland and yes that was nice and all but really what I am in desperate need of is time away from the kids, their parents, and of course Special K. Thus why I am on a count down to the end of this. I have a concert tonight and then two days of classes. You can tell I am super done because I am doing something I have never done before in a class. The orchestra performs tonight and so for the next two days instead of rehearsing for our next concert which is more than a month away we are watching a movie. I know it is the teachers cop out. But they have been really good as of late and the majority have never seen Edward Scissorhands and we are playing music from the movie for this concert. So I am being super nice and taking a few days to watch it. Yes see I can be nice from time to time. I can also be just plain tired.

So last night I got home laid down and took a nap before heading to BGB rehearsal, and woke up sounding like this.
I was beginning to wonder when my smoking habit had gotten so bad. I sound completely awful, but I don't feel bad. If you do anything really other than teach or telemarketing you can get away with a day of no talking. I found out today whether the kids liked me or not. Because I had to ask almost all of my classes to please don't make me shout over the top of them because it hurt and exhausted me to do so. Not that I frequently yell at my classes but I have to get louder than their playing most of the time so I simply asked that when I say stop they do so. And much to my surprise and delight they did.

I am really glad that all I have to do tonight is introduce the group and conduct and then I can come home and rest my voice.

So yea my body has checked out and so has my mind so I am really asking the question of how I am actually making it to school every day. One of those mysteries of life that we may never have an answer for.

No comments: