Sunday, March 9, 2008

One of the few things

I don't know why but it made me smile today to hear the following lyrics.

"Slip inside the eye of your mind
Don't you know you might find
A better place to play"- Oasis "Don't Look Back In Anger"

It has been years since I have really listened to popular music. My new heroine is Pandora.Com. I love it I put it on at work I listen at home. And I have been rediscovering all the music I once loved and listened to all the time. Example, Oasis, I loved this band and "(What's the Story) Morning Glory" is one of those albums I always forget when I think of favorite albums ever. I forget how much the lyrics and melodies work so well together. It is safe to say I have an eclectic taste in music. So I have been thinking about what my favorite albums would be. It was tough I like a lot of albums and each one means something different to me. But the five I have come up with are five that I can always sing along; however for different reasons. Some make me happy, some make me sad, some make me angry and I like that each elicits different emotions from me.

So here they are.

1. U2 Joshua Tree Best overall album from beginning to end.
2. Carol King Her Greatest Hits Very close second and on some days it is my top pick.
3. Oasis (What's the Story) Morning Glory Though many times I have no clue what they are saying but I love it.
4. Alanis Morisette Jagged Little Pill When you just want to be pissed off there is nothing better.
5. Dixie Chicks Home I know it's country and I usually don't hold to country but, Come on they are hands down some of the best Musicians out there today. Home is the album that caught my attentions and really there are some just achingly beautiful music on there.

As I was writing these out others came to mind so I will round out to 10.

6. Dar Williams Mortal City Dar is such a great songwriter and this is probably the best album of hers.
7. REM Automatic For the People How I love this album I think I spent a year listening to nothing else.
8. Michael Jackson Thriller Yes he is creepy and pretty fucked up but seriously a great album you can't argue that.
9. No Doubt Tragic Kingdom I was really sad I couldn't get into Gwen's solo career. The music was really better with No Doubt. Though I must say Gwen is one of the most talented singers in this generation.
10. Toad The Wet Sprocket Dulcinea This album is the sound track to a summer in college for me. This and the Cranberries Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? really was all I listened to that summer every time I hear songs from this CD I think of the Marsh Deli... with just a little bit of nostalgia.

So there is a little more about me that you may not have known before. And damn I am still thinking of Albums.

No comments: