Monday, November 17, 2008

Knitting and other indoor sports.

So this weekend was a bit on the chilly side so I opted to stay in. Ok I say that as if I had better offers out there. But I did stay in and I got some things done. I hung more things on my wall. hopefully by the 6 month mark I will have completely unpacked. I have 2 weeks left I am sure I can do it. I am not holding my breath on that one most of the time when I move I find that I have a box or two that the contents have not seen the light of day. This time around I have to say everything is out of boxes however my lack of living space has become a challenge to putting said stuff away. So with that in mind I decided to tackle a small problem that has become a big problem. What do I do with all my yarn? I took up knitting last year over Thanksgiving and I found that buying yarn was an addiction akin to heroine. I have continued to buy and buy and have done nothing with so Saturday I broke out the needles and started not one, not two, not even three but 5 projects. Two of which I have finished. So what people should take from this is that most of you will be receiving something hand knit from me this year. I have to say as a cost cutter for Christmas this is genius. I buy the yarn over time so I am not slammed with lot of purchases in December. The trick is to get everything done. I am not worried I am sure I will get it accomplished.

Though I must say I spent probably 12 hours on Saturday on my couch and I woke up Sunday with the worst back ache so I actually left the house and when I got back I did house work. I got a lot done, but sad times I am back at school and my back is still hurting. I need different furniture or at least new places to sit in my apartment.

No comments: