Monday, November 10, 2008

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” — Albert Einstein

It has been a while since I have complained about Special K. Mostly because I haven't seen her enough to really get annoyed this semester which has been a good thing.Except I am putting together the list for Solo and Ensemble. The same problem occurs every year same problem, we require them to participate and then Special K insists on hand holding them through the process giving away more time in class than I feel is needed. She concedes this is a problem and says we need to come up with a solution. I am a problem solver I like solving problems I am sure I can come up witha few ideas. I do and this is the response, "Yea, I don't think that is going to work so we are not going to do that." So what do we do? We trudge through yet another disorganized year and become an even bigger joke in the world of music education. Ok here are her ideas "...?" You can see she is contributing greatly to finding a solution. Is it any wonder I am looking to get out of this situation.

But I digress, why is it that I feel like I continually bang my head against a wall? Oh I forgot to mention that she likes to call me when I am in class and she knows I am in class and interestingly enough she should be in class. Oh god I hate days like today.

No comments: