Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Bra Bomb had better work nerdlinger.

So joy of nerdy joy, my pocket Constitution came in the mail yesterday. I got it as my gift for making my pledge to Public Radio. I have been doing this for several years and every year I opt out of the gift because I figure that money would be better served for programing. But this year I don't know I felt like I wanted something and when they rattled off the premiums and they hit the pocket Constitution I actually gasped to the woman taking my pledge. It was probably the gayest and nerdiest moment in my life and that is saying a lot. I love the notion that I received the law of the land and contributing to the public discourse. I love NPR I listen to it everyday. I will stop now before I start sounding like their beg-a-thons.

I am a big civics fan I like knowing how things work. Am I an expert?, no but I would like to think I am informed. I think my favorite part is presidential history. I am the only person I know that in elementary school was reading history books, for fun. I also read the dictionary for fun. I was a severely disturbed child.

So I started reading through the constitution it was fun I put it on my night stand next to Sarah Vowell's "The Wordy Shipmate", A book about the years of 1783-1800 in America, and "The Subtle Knife" the second book after "The Golden Compass".

Did I mention I am kind of nerdy.

2 comments:

nickabouttown said...

Sorry...I prefer my "All Things Considered" coffee mug.

Nerd...

HA..the think I have to type in for verification is "toody"

Aleea said...

Nerdy is as Nerdy Does.

And I'll be getting my 'WFYI Card' in the mail for 2 for 1 discounts soon.

My verification word is santsyca, which sounds like a voodoo drink made with rum.