Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yes I do know what I am doing.

I come across this every year and in a month or two the satisfaction of being right will come but in the mean time I have to live with "I don't understand why I have to do this?" or "This is a waste of time." or "Why can't I just write like Beethoven." The answer to the last is because Beethoven understood what I am asking you to do. And it's not a waste of time. The old saying is true you can't run before you can sit up. And you students are just learning to roll over. But they will get there, I understand frustrations they are having. I just look forward to the day when the student says "Thanks for making me do that it is so helpful."

It will happen, it always does.

2 comments:

nickabouttown said...

or....

You could tell them to go out there and catch the syph and go go deaf, and THEN they might write like Beethoven.

Just a thought...

Maestro said...

hhhmmmm yes I COULD do that but I may get fired and though I do complain I do like my job and my paycheck. But good thought keep em coming.

my word verification is lenosuba very close to lenoscuba or lenotuba