Friday, March 17, 2006

Everyone loves a Parade

So the Band just got back from doing a St. Patrick's Day Parade. I really loathe parades. I don't know why exactly I just do. Of all the things we come together for as a community it is one of my least favorites. Watching them is boring enough and participating isn't really that much better. Ah well I guess I am a parade scrooge I can live with that.

On another note I heard back from a college professor about an idea I had to start a new music ensemble here at the school. He thinks it's a great idea and is willing to help me as much as I would need. I am just excited to expose these kids to a more dynamic way of thinking. Avaunt Guarde is so out there and sometimes it's just smoke and mirrors and sometimes it can really speak to you on a deeper level. I mean really I can point out crap when I hear/see it, but I will give just about any art form a chance. I would like to see more people do that. It also means that you as a person are more willing to go out on a limb for just about anything. And I think the world could do with more people like that. If I can do that then maybe that is what I am meant to do. I could think of far worse things to do.

Sigh

No comments: