Thursday, March 30, 2006

What a day

So I got an extra day off before spring break starts. I would normally feel like this was great except the reason for it was because a student over the weekend died in his sleep, and the funeral was today. I would have gone but I am just not ready to go to another funeral. I actually am not sure I will ever be ready for it again. It makes it even worse since I found out the reason for the sudden death it was from huffing. I just shake my head and think what a waste I mean a young persons death seems so needless to me but when it could have been prevented. It just makes me sad. No, I didn't know the student or any students that did, but when this happened last fall with another student (different circumstance) I just couldn't help but think how would I handle it if it were a student of mine. I have to say I would be pretty devastated.

So I got a free day from work. I decided not to waste it. I have been cleaning and doing laundry all day. I also cleaned out my trunk in my car. I have also baked cookies and cupcakes for my students tomorrow. I know it's silly but I like doing it. Though the more kids I get the harder it becomes I don't really mind. I know I would have thought that great on our last day before spring break we get baked goods.:o) Especially since they have a quiz tomorrow. Now that was crappy of me. But it's not like these quizzes are hard. So I buy them off with sugar. Maybe this is why my class keeps getting bigger. Such is life.

No comments: