Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It is as easy as riding a bike.

So tonight when I got home from dinner it was starting to get dark. I also saw some apartment buildings I was interested in so I decided to take the bike out for it's first jont around the block. I did this when it was dark so people couldn't see me make an ass of myself when I fell. I didn't by the way. I hadn't been on a bike in like 20 years so I wasn't sure how this was going to work. It worked pretty damned well. I rode all over the old north side and my neighborhood. I even biked down to the Metro so Mom could see my new wheels. The only thing is my ass really hurts from riding. It was only 30 minutes but damn. We will see how this truly effected me come more. I am feeling a bit in my calves already so heres hoping I can still walk.

I really loved it tonight. I think I will make this a nightly thing. I should probably get a light for it or something. Maybe I will spend this week building up my territory. Hopefully get to the canal. Not actually ride the canal because knowing me I would bike right into it. I am so excited.

No comments: