Thursday, October 28, 2004

Free Movement of Art

I must say I am sitting in the office typing this up and there are three students just messing around on instruments. It is rather refreshing, even if it may be giving me a headache.:o) It's nice because I will guarantee they don't know the rhythm patterns or harmonics they are using they just know they like the end results. Ignorance is sometimes bliss. I remember once I became fully immersed in the academia of music I found that I enjoyed it less. Mostly because I felt like I had to know and explain everything that was going on with the music. Thus sucking the enjoyment right out of it. I was this competitive nature that if I wasn't able to explain it all or know everything there was to know that I was less than every other music student. Now that I have learned otherwise I must say I enjoy it much more. And this is probably why I am not much of a fan of a competitive nature. I mean some is good but as much as it has been ingrained into our culture so much that it is hard to convince people and students that it is ok not to know answers. Sidebar never try to type and carry on conversations at the same time it makes both seem janky. Plus I just wanted to write "janky".

Ok be well 4 day weekend thank god. I need it.

No comments: