Monday, September 8, 2008

Things that piss me off... today

There are times I truly envy those who have jobs that allow them to go hours or maybe even a day without human interaction. Why do I say this? Well an example would be the pain in my ass known as resource. I have talked about it but have never really given a solid explanation on it. Resource has been sold to parents as a time when students can relax, unwind but most importantly, study. This is a load of crap. Reason number one, I would say only about 10% of those students are actually studying. I also find it hard to believe that they are actually studying at all because of reasons 2-4. Now the other 90% may at some point over the course of a semester might sit down to "study". I quote this because when they do it's really called cheating, copying homework they themselves neglected to do.



The other 90% engage in one of the following, talk quietly with friends, play ping pong, play fuzzball, or "work" on the computer. Let's tackle the first one shall we. Talking quietly with friends, really this is talking loudly and inappropriately with people in the general area. Often it is shouting to people halfway across the room. This leads to a general crowd noise one would associate with a train station.



Playing Ping pong. Imagine if you will Robin Williams and Jim Carey on crack and then on an icy patch playing ping pong. This approximates what I witness on a daily basis. Non of these kids have a clue about finesse nor do they care. I am constantly seeing them chasing after the ball because someone has smashed it as hard as they could in hopes of winning a point. In reality they miss the table completely and lose a point.



Fuzzball yet another fun game that a little more skill and a lot less aggression would help their game. And the fact that one of the children continues to make a high pitched squeal every time he spins the handle. I don't know it this a nervous tick or what but it is quite annoying. Now I will have to admit that I enjoyed today when the child was standing too close to the table and nailed himself in the balls. He had complete control over the situation. 1 step back a step or 2 don't pull the handle so hard. He did neither and continued all period tagging himself in the nuts. Stupid kids.

All of this noise and general stupidity is completely acceptable by the administration, how do I know? I asked. They want the students to feel free to relax. Oh they can also sleep during this time. You know what they can't do. Eat, drink or untuck their shirts. There is some real inconsistencies going on here.

And that is just a few of the things that piss me off.

Also some Jack ass broke my back door window and now I have to get it replaced. Did they take anything? Nope just broke the window. On other peoples cars? Nope just mine. I don't know what I did in a past life but seriously this shit sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about yer window girl!
I've had that happen once and it sucks!