Monday, September 29, 2008

What do I want to be when I grow up?

Over the last week I have been asking myself that question. Many of the aspects of my job have been weighing me down. For a change it really isn't about Special K, though her presence in my work life is not all that conducive to happiness for all. I am just to a point where I think I need to be able to leave work at work and not have my life revolve around it. Case in point I haven't had 2 days in a row to myself and even when I had yesterday off I was grading papers and prepping for the week ahead. I probably wouldn't mind if I didn't come home most days exhausted and wake up the same way. On the upside my limited interaction with Special K has made sleeping much easier and my stress level plummet. So yes, there are positives here.

So I guess the question is, what do I do if I don't do this? do have another 8 months to figure it out. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

3 comments:

Suellen said...

When you figure it out, let me know, because I haven't figured it out yet either.

Alicia said...

It's probably not teaching - it's probably the school Don't get me wrong, my work sucks my soul, but at least I have today off! Mazel Tov!

Aleea said...

Hey, fill me in too. I'm not sure either. Right now I'm leaning towards the Ph.D. but I could also become a barista at Starbucks. Either way, eh.