Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Uneventful weekend.

This last weekend a 3 day weekend at that found me at home for the majority of the time. I am actually very fine with that. Though on Monday when I actually wanted to get out and do something most people were so exhausted from their weekend escapades that it left me lacking companionship. It's all good I kept myself occupied. I ended up buying a digital video camera, and some shelving for the bathroom. I also did a shload of laundry. I finally saw "The Golden Compass". It was ok but I think I would be far more interested in the book. The story seemed so rushed and lacking in some details that I hope the book would cover and flesh out.

I also went out and bought one of my new favorite movies, "Stardust". It is a super cute movie. I love it in the same way I love "The Princess Bride" it just has such a good sarcastic fairy tale feel to it and really how can you go wrong with sarcasm.

Speaking of snarkiness, apparently some of the kids don't like me on the mic. I think that is a good sign myself. I guess it's that they don't like being called out for jerking around, which if I know who it is does quite often. I look at it this way, if I ask you to listen I expect you to listen not be talking to the person next to you. Here is how you can get me to stop calling you out, do what I ask. I am not asking for you to be quiet all through rehearsal. I feel I am being pretty lenient. But hey I am not here to be your friend I am here to make you better. If you don't want that then by all means drop the class. Well that was my small rant for the day and remember boys and girls. There is no room for sarcasm in a quality education.

No comments: