Friday, October 3, 2008

What I did with my evening

To answer a question yes 4 months after moving in I still have free cable. God bless the laziness of the American worker. Speaking of incompetency, I watched the VP debates at a bar last night. I must say I got less angry surrounded by people then I probably would have if I had sat at home watching. I must Say Governor Palin did a great job of sticking to the talking points and staying on message. I the times that showed how utterly unprepared for the task were when they would deviate from the talking points. She would always and very awkwardly steer the subject back to McCain is a "maverick". I feel Senator Biden did an adequate job. I never felt he was condescending to the Governor nor was he terribly exciting to listen to or watch. When he went into the minutia and figures for the McCain health care plan I looked at FN and said "Oh, my god this is so boring. All he needs are the charts and he could be Perot." I appreciate detail work but come on here you have beside you some one who can be coached and very engaging as long as we are talking about something she read about two hours before. Joe you really needed to step up the charisma, or get some. Don't get me wrong he had some good moments I really feel when he talked about Pakistan, Chad, and the role of a VP he was very on and engaging which really emphasised her complete lack of knowledge and skill in this area. When she started talking about the role of a VP I just shook my head. She made a comment about the founding fathers, I just wanted Gwen to jump in and say "Name four of the founding fathers." I have a feeling she wouldn't be able to do that. Not that I don't think she knows any of them but because she wouldn't have been prepared for that. Ok actually I don't think she could have named 4 founding fathers.

Here's the thing when it comes to my elected officials I want them smarter than me. If they are in the White House or they could be in spitting distance of getting into the White House through a bizarre chain of events (Gerald Ford) I want them to be Waaaaaaaaaay smarter than me. Do I think Governor Palin is smart. I think she is shrewd, I think she knows how to play the game. Is she dumb?, no. But is she really smart enough to be in the second highest office in the land? No!

Again I am not overly pleased with either candidates but of the two hands down I will pick the Senator. When asked about his weakness of being disciplined she should have said look how disciplined I am I haven't smacked this twit to my left so I must be doing something right.

Ok and can we talk about that hideous green jacket Gwen was wearing?

No comments: