Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is is just me?

Now I am not one to have problems with simple instructions. I have no problems with milk cartons or cereal boxes. I have even master CD cases with that damned strip of tape that never comes off in one piece. Can openers were a bit touch and go for a while but after the age of 8 I seem to not have problems. I even somehow got past childproof caps at the ripe old age of 4.

Yet...

Yet, I seem to be baffled by the instruction on the side of many packaged dinners that says "push with thumb and lift". Every time I think I can do this. I put my thumb on the perforated edge, push and crush the box. Did I manage to open the box? No. I just smash the corner of the box. Most of the time I just rip the top off, I find this to be pretty effective. I have just always wondered why give that option? I mean, for me, it has never worked. The way I see it peeling back the lid and dumping the contents where ever you may need it seems to work just fine. Anyone else have this problem? Am I alone on this one?

Anyone...?

Yea that's what I thought.

No comments: