Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What is going on?

Yea so last night thought pretty mild. I hadn't had lunch that day and my whole eating for the day had been a granola bar I had at 7am. So 4 jack and cokes got the better of me. I was fine until I got home and the rush of drunk hit me and I was, to say the least, a bit giggly. That is when I decided to blog and make Chicken Tikka Marsala. This might be why at 3 am I awoke to heartburn and a headache.

To make matters worse we are quickly approaching solo and ensemble time. Though not always bad, it's also not always good. For instance the children in the band room right now "playing" through their solo's. One is a junior in high school "playing"* a song I played in 6th grade. Judges are much less forgiving when you stand under 5 feet tall, but not when you could grow a full beard. To say it is awful is a mild understatement. Special K is working with him right now and I just cringe on every "note". I also worked with a group that I wasn't sure were playing the wrong note or was just that out of tune with themselves. Tough call sometimes.

Well all of this is bringing back the heartburn and the headache with a vengeance. God I love teaching... when can I start looking for a new job?

* by playing, I mean butchering.

2 comments:

Suellen said...

I am so happy that my replacement (as it turns out temporary replacement) just didn't register my kids for S&E. Woo-hoo!

Maestro said...

You are so lucky. I am envious.