Monday, February 8, 2010

I don't have a title for this.

So I lived... well I survived I don't know I would call that living. The weekend got better, drugged myself up enough to go to the roller derby on Saturday. Yet again I am so impressed with the Women of NRG. It really has become my favorite sport. It doesn't hurt that I am friends with some of the players. Of course I became a fan even before they joined or I knew them better. It just ramped up when they did start playing. for two seasons I have only missed one bout and really that was because of a scheduling conflict and not because I didn't want to. Now I know rabid fans of other sports will buy all the trinkets and clothing options available to them to show their support and pride. I am just not that type of fan. I will go to games and shout myself horse win or lose. I will throw things at my TV and in general act like a 2 year old if I am at home. I am very vocal about my fannery...? my fannishnish...? support. I love my teams I love my sports. Note that was MY sports not just sports. Which brings me to Sunday.

Again I am not a fan of the Volleyball but I do have hometown pride. Please understand this does not make me a fair weather fan. I would have as much ambivalence toward the Colts if they won or lost. Yes I want them to do well but I am not going to slash their tires for a losing season. Look I just don't like the people who are down on the Colts after losing to a fine and deserving team. I mean really they made it to the Superbowl. Do you know how many other cities would kill just to get that far. We were that city 3 years ago. To those people who want the head of the coach and players for "giving" the game away, I say this "Don't be like a Patriots fan. Other teams are good and other teams deserve to win to." I am glad it was New Orleans and not some other team. I know I may be gay and that I don't like football generally but I have seen my fair share of games. Neither team really made any mistakes. That interception was just a better play on the part of the Saints. It was a play we had run before so it was easy for them to predict and intercept. I don't think it was a mistake just good timing on their part. So with that in mind I say good job to the local sports franchise on a good season.

No comments: