Sunday, December 16, 2007

Despite what you may think, I do have a heart.

I say this because at this minute I am baking for my classes. I do this every year at the end of each semester. This year I am making peanut butter brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and lemon sables. This have become an increasingly larger endeavor each year. My class sizes have increased and the number of classes I teach have gone up. I have 40 students to bake for, it would be a lot more if I included the bands which are like 150 I would add to that number so I give them the shaft. Sorry kids.

I like doing this, especially for the Christmas break. It really puts me in the holiday mood. I find the radio station that does nothing but Christmas music and I just spend the day baking. In the off times I do a little knitting. Yes, I said knitting. Some of my friends do and they taught me over Thanksgiving and I have been keeping up on it. I am in the midst of a scarf and being the perfectionist I can be over bizarre things I took the whole thing apart last night and started over. It looked like it had a tumor and I wasn't going to give it as a gift like that. It's a really neat pattern for those who know how to knit; Cast on 20 then knit 2, pearl1, and knit 1. Repeat until desired length.

Alrighty back to the baking.

2 comments:

nickabouttown said...

I don't know about the heart, but you are actually an old woman

:)

Scrawler said...

I've been using this pattern, and I am completely in love with it! Thanks for sharing. Who are you fooling, FN? You wish you were cool enough to knit.