Monday, December 17, 2007

So much Sugar

Well today has been a fun filled day of not much. Today is technically a review day, but with all but one of my classes being a performance based class I only have the one final. It is on Friday but I will be safely in Chicago by then. The kids have been bringing in candies and an assortment of baked goods. I love the gesture but I end up giving most of it away. I have also counted $50 in panera gift cards, $30 in Starbucks and $50 to the Olive Garden. Granted I do not go to the Olive Garden much but for free food I may make an exception. I still have 3 more classes left so who knows what I may end up with in the end.



My baking has gone over well it always does. I could put a bag of sugar in the middle of the room and they would love it.

<---------Not my students but you get the idea.

The one problem today and there always has to be one. Special K decided to leave at the beginning of her 3rd period. She gave them all passes to the library and then took off with Student Teacher. I have know idea where they went or for what. All I know is that at the end of 3rd they were not back. I needed to run to the bank during 4th, I don't have a class then, and when I came back at the end of 4th neither Special K nor Student Teacher were back. Her 4th period was completely alone for almost the entirety of the class. Unprofessional, Rude, Unacceptable these are all fine words I would use to describe this "teaching" methodology. She finally showed back up with 5 minutes left in class. I grabbed my stuff for resource and left. I was so livid. I ended up going straight to the VP and letting loose. If this were any other teacher I would be obligated to say something so why not in this instance. Well I have to share an office with her, which makes things uncomfortable, but you know what I don't care. It's her bad and I am not taking the burden of it. So there it is, I turned her in, to my VP and my department chair. Right now I am trying to come up with a tactful and professional way to tell her what a fuck up she is.





Anyway Merry Christmas to my students who are not reading this anyway, at least they had better not be. And I will end with, 28 Hours left. I will explain the significances of that later.

No comments: