Monday, December 10, 2007

More parties, and drag queens

Friday and Saturday night were both fine evenings. The Ex-wife's party was fun and hella far south and the other one hella far north was also good. I really don't have much to say about either except I am a schmo.


I will get into that here in a minute but first let's talk about Last night and two of my friends in drag. I am not talk men wearing dresses because that is what I would inevitably look like if I were to ever attempt such a feat. No I am talk full on Makeup, wigs, boobage, and choreographed moves. I have to say I was quite impressed. Normally Blanche looks like a man in a dress but last night he was a vision of gender confused loveliness. Romeo I have seen made up before and he does it well, so no surprise there. I know they were both very nervous about the whole thing and I will have to say I was a bit nervous for them as well. I mentioned to someone that all they need to do is not embarrass themselves and it would be a win. Think Fred Thompson in his first debate, aim low and you can win anyone over. I must say they poll vaulted over expectations and did themselves proud and had nothing to be nervous about. Kudos to all.


And Happy Birthday to Romeo and Brooklyn's new baby. I saw a picture very cute. The baby not Romeo. :)


So on to why I am a schmo. Upon arriving at Jamisons place I discovered I was there well before Alain, Romeo, and Blanche. I hate getting places by myself and not knowing other people there. Yes I knew the host but he had hostly duties to attend to, like getting wasted. I knew a few people but not well enough to cling to like a barnacle to a ships hull like I normally do. I don't know why I do that, of course that is for a whole other entry. So I am there and gravitate to the one person I feel friendly enough to and just stand on the periphery and interject when I can. When a very handsome man puts his hand out and introduces himself. I, can not do that, but I do react well when others approach me in this manner. Over the next 30 minutes we have a very pleasant if not brief conversation, you know one where you speak for 2 minutes and then are silent for 6 and then jump back into the conversation in the same 2 on 6 off format. It's like having a conversation where someone keeps hitting pause in the middle of a thought.


I chalk it up to the fact I am always nervous when talking to attractive men. When my friends arrived it pretty much ended all conversation. We did continue to make eye contact almost all nice. I am so bad at interpreting such signals and almost always do stupid things so I find it best to ignore them. He was so polite every time we spoke or interacted with one another and when he left he walked across the foyer grabbed my hand in both of his and said it was a pleasure to meet me. I really wasn't sure how to respond. Actually I did, my first thought was to druel on myself and to make incoherent sounds while grinning like an idiot. Thankfully I repressed that urge and just smiled and said it was nice meeting him too. At that point in the evening I was ready to go and as I was getting ready to leave it comes back in and now I am really confused. Especially since I really didn't see him again as I him hauled around and didn't leave until it was becoming painfully clear that I wasn't going to work up the nerve to say anything to him, so I just left.

So that is why I am a schmo. So yet another opportunity slipped through my fingers.

No comments: