Wednesday, December 5, 2007

How about Strep instead of a snow day? - God

OK so that backfired a bit. I woke up around 3am at first hoping to see drifts up to the second floor of the house. Instead I am met with the inability to swallow without pain and a hacking cough. I take the only meds I have in the house and try to go back to sleep. Around 5:45 am when my alarm goes off I say fuck it and call in. I actually hadn't heard my voice yet that morning, but it was akin to Patty and Selma on a bad day.

I went to the Dr. they said it wasn't actually strep. They did say I was on my way to sinus infection. Gave me some drugs and said if I don't feel better in a few days to come back. So here I am on my couch doped up and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In other news last night after Big Gay Band practice I went to dinner with A and S two of my favorite lesbians and was an unwitting attendee of Girls Night Out. Which was fine. But that was a lot of Estrogen to be around. 7 lesbians and me, maybe that is why I felt the need for pepperoni.

So Big Gay Band, yea don't miss the drama. On girls night out there was some talk about the band not a lot but enough for me to be glad not to be involved in the goings on. I just show up and play. I think I hit upon why I am over it, last night I thought about it and all that kept coming to me was that this is so high school. The playing is sub par, a lot of back biting, people thinking they are better than they are, a director that yells, and me not practicing. It's all so juvenile, I miss college band. Yes in college we had drama but at least the music was better and the drama was fun.

No comments: