Monday, August 20, 2007

Band Boosters


So the other day I had a meeting with one of our Vice principles and she gave me some great advise in dealing with Special K. She completely understood where I was coming from and my frustrations. I think I can use a lot of what she gave me to address the situation. She gave me a lot of positives to work with so I am pleased.

Tonight was our band booster meeting. As typical for me a sat with a group of parents that act like their kids, we sat in the back and talked through most of the meeting. This particular group of parents I really like. Overall I must say I like all of our parents even the bitchy ones are not that bad. I have dealt with worse. So yes I am as bad as the kids but we all knew that. I was always the one talking in rehearsal or blanking out in class or just talking. As an adult I am still the same way. If I can find the other catty person near by it's all over, and inevitably I do. We gravitate toward each other we just know. Of course this behavior in my students I absolutely loathe and I know, I know it's Karmic retribution. I also know I totally deserve it and I try not to get too worked up over it. We have another teacher detention tomorrow I know less than two weeks in and here we are again. I am not sure how one could fake an aneurysm and still call in but if someone knows please tell me.

On the upside I have filled out my paper work to be one of the lucky people in america to have insurance. Having gone 4 years without it made me appreciate it more. Now I grew up without it and didn't actually ever have coverage till I was 25, but once I had it I had a hard time without it. The week my coverage starts I plan on having a visit to several Dr.'s offices. How sad that that is a point of joy and excitement. The simplicities of life are truly gone. But I still want a puppy.

No comments: