Monday, August 6, 2007

What a week


Despite or maybe in spite of all the crap that happened with me and the director I did actually have a good time this last week with the kids. It really was the students that brightened my day on Friday. The seniors decided that after the group picture and before the march off they wanted to dye their hair and the got cans of hairspray dye. They asked if I wished to join them because as they put it I was a senior too. I declined. It was sweet of them to ask. However I did see what was to come. I was standing chatting with one of the staff members when I heard a battle cry ring out and saw 20 some students head my way at an alarming speed. I was quickly sprayed with hairspray and then I wrestled a couple of cans from them and started chasing them down. It was fun. Luckily the stuff washed out pretty easily. Which was good since I really didn't relish the idea of going to dinner that night with green, purple, and yellow hair.

So after we got back I went home longer enough to shower and change and head out to meet friends for dinner. It was my friend Blanche's birthday. We went to a restaurant in Fountain Square call the Luxor. It's a combo of Greek, Italian and Egyptian food. Pretty good actually. The other cool thing about the place is that they have a floor show with belly dancers. It's not as bad as you would think it was actually very entertaining and worth the trip. Of course all the food made me even more sleepy. We had plans to go out to the bars after dinner but I knew I wouldn't last without some sleep. I told them that I was going home to take a nap and meet them out later. I set two alarms and slept through both. My friend Romeo apparently called and talked to me but I don't really remember it. I slept almost all day Saturday. Boy did I need it.

Well now that I am all rested and ready for this week, the start of school. Outside of Special K I am really looking forward to it. Though I must say there is something nice about collecting a paycheck for going to the gym and watching netflix.

No comments: