Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Teacher detention


Well we were whisked away to a day filled with things I already knew, could have been told in an email and crap I didn't care about. Mostly crap I didn't care about. We started it off with a long hot bus ride to Marian college, really they took the long way to get there. I am unsure as to why unless they were wanting to keep the surprise of it all a little longer. Franking I didn't care I was sweating like a whore in church. Speaking of whores in church, that was our first stop of the morning, Mass. I personally have had a hard time with the Catholic church, I pretty much washed my hands of it after my fathers funeral, but I played along to keep all parties happy.

After that we went to a brief, ha, faculty meeting were they proceeded to tell us things I could have received in an email. We then broke for lunch which was such spectacular crap.

I arrived for our meeting in smaller groups. I of course made a bee line for the back corner and was quickly surrounded by most of the football staff. Fine whatever, they don't know me and I am cool with that. I am sure to them I am that "fruity" music person. Well the meeting was suppose to be on how we could involve our students in duel crediting with colleges in the area. It actually turned into college professors telling us about a team taught class they have there. Whoopty shit. I don't care. Yes yes it is all very fascinating, but really they didn't know what they were suppose to talk about so I don't really blame them. The subject matter wasn't really brought to their attention until the last 5 minutes of the presentation. I swear I thought my eyes were going to permanently get stuck in the back of my head.

We ended the day back in the auditorium to hear a man talk to us about our roll as teachers in enrollment in the school. This would be an example of things I already knew. The really funny things is that the man kept saying "Well obviously you guys are doing this." And insert that comment for every example he used. It was a rousing speech of "Here's what you should be doing, oh wait you already are. Viola!!! Success!!! ...wait why am I hear again?" I really think he was trying to over sell us on these ideas, but everything in his presentation revolved around jebus and shoved god into every orifice of his speech. It got very tiring after the 4th time of hearing "That is an example of how Jesus would recruit and diversify his enrollment of followers." Seriously???? Is that how jebus would do that. Huh ok.

No comments: